Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Biggest Loser

On Saturday after we finished House Hunting we ate some lunch and set out to explore several towns that we were considering moving to but hadn't yet seen. We saw some beautiful homes and scenery but ultimately decided that everything we saw on Saturday afternoon was just too far away from work and the commute would wear on us.  At this point we were exhausted and decided to do something fun and relaxing. 
 
I am a HUGE fan of the TV show The Biggest Loser.  I love love love Bob and Dolvett.  I knew that The Biggest Loser Ranch where they film the show is relatively close to where we are moving.  So, we did a little digging and found out where it is and decided to drive out there and see if we could see anything.  Dave wouldn't dare call himself a fan, but he has watched every season with me so he still found the hunt for the Ranch exciting. 
 
We found the Ranch and it happened to be within a state park so we were able to park and get out and walk all around the area.  I about died when I saw these gates:
 
 
 
And they were OPEN!!!!  I really wasn't sure if they were supposed to be open.  I mean these are the ACTUAL gates that the contestants walk through when they arrive at the Ranch.  It just seems so...official.  I decided to tiptoe through and see what I could see.  I nearly died again when I saw THE GYM:
 
 
 
I was afraid that was as close as we could get, but it was okay because it was so close.  There was a path (the path that they train on??) and it seemed wide open so we just went ahead and took a little walk.  We saw the house where they live during their time on the Ranch:
 
 
 
And the workout area where Bob takes them to do creative workouts outside:
 
 
And we saw the gym, right up close.  We were mere feet away from it!  I was starstruck.  With a building.  Dave swears he saw Bob Harper walking into the gym to do filming, but I can't confirm.  Shortly after this picture was taken though, the contestants came out of the house and crossed the path we were walking on right in front of us to walk to the gym and begin working out.  It was so cool!  I even caught a few pictures...but some guy in a Biggest Loser Honda Element came and told me I couldn't take pictures of the contestants, so out of respect I won't post those pictures yet!  The show doesn't even air until January so I can understand his concern.
 
 
We ended up walking the loop around the Ranch 3 times because I just couldn't get enough of seeing it up close and personal.  It felt like my first celebrity sighting...even though it was just buildings.  It was the best way to end a great day of house hunting!

2 comments:

  1. Well, it's no Rob Pattinson sighting, but still pretty damn cool.
    Tisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...WHY WASN'T I INFORMED OF THIS!?!?! -Audra

    ReplyDelete