Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

"My Best Weekend Ever"

As we wrapped up this past weekend, Austyn said "this was my best weekend ever!". Taylor said I was "the best mom ever!". I told her to remember that when she's a teenager and gets mad at me over every little thing :-)

We started our Saturday by heading to our favorite beach path for running/biking. I signed up for my first CA half-marathon (yay!) and I had my first "long" run of this training cycle on the schedule. Dave and I ran 3 miles while the girls biked alongside us. It's too bad the scenery was so ugly:

Just kidding...it was GORGEOUS and we felt blessed yet again.

After our run/ride we hopped in the car and headed up to the Santa Barbara Zoo. We made a quick pit stop at McDonald's for lunch, where I snapped a pic of Taylor because I just loved her shirt so much.

The SB zoo is really nice. Clean, lots of animals, nice walkways, and views of the Pacific. The gorillas and flamingos were a big hit with all of us.

We loved the lions most of all, because they were born at the Indianapolis Zoo!

Of course the kids wanted to stop at every "stick your face through this hole and get your picture taken with this wooden sign" photo opportunity.

We finished our zoo trip by letting the kids play on the giant ant hill where they had a total blast!

Last stop of the day was trying out some more of Cali's authentic Mexican food. We had a nice dinner, but the search for our new favorite Mexican place continues.

2 comments:

  1. I love Taylors hair cut, it's so cute. Looks like you had another great day, while we're freezing our you know whats off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! It's actually been in the 40's here at night and we've been freezing!

    ReplyDelete