Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Leaving San Diego

Heading home from San Diego we decided to take the Pacific Coast Highway all the way.  It definitely takes longer, but the scenery is infinitely more interesting than taking the major freeways through LA.  So we took the 5 as far as we had to and then exited to the PCH.  I loved that the exit sign didn't say any particular city that we might be headed toward, but instead just said "Beach Cities". 


We had beautiful ocean to look at nearly the entire trip.  We opened the sunroof, put the windows down, and just took it all in.  This drive was breathtaking!


We didn't stop to do any sightseeing, but we did drive through most of the major beach cities that I've been wanting to check out.  We got a really quick and dirty drive through tour.  We hit Dana Point, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach, Seal Beach, Long Beach, Redondo Beach, and Manhattan Beach.  We could have stopped and moved in to just about all of them...SO BEAUTIFUL!

We had a moment to stop and miss our niece/cousin:


And I just kept snapping pictures of everything that struck me as beautiful.


We passed a Bentley, which I tried to get a picture of, but did a terrible job at.  Everyone always remarks on how expensive California is, but people clearly have no trouble affording expensive cars here.  We've seen no shortage of "normal" expensive cars like BMWs, Porsches, and Mercedes', as well as less often sighted expensive cars like Ferraris and Lamborghinis. 


I tried to get a picture of this cool truck, because it was a Rent-A-Husband business and the truck said something funny.  Sure can't remember what it said now though, because the picture didn't turn out so well.


I also got a picture of this car dealership, because it was the first time in my life I've ever seen a Ferrari dealership.  Sometimes California feels like a different country...

3 comments:

  1. It has always been my dream to drive the Pacific coast Highway,I guess if I can't do it myself, I can at least live vicariously through you guys. Have you considered going to Knottsberry Farms yet? if you haven't, I would go, I actually liked it better than Disney, of course I went back in 1983, so I can't say what it's like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toby, I loved this drive and would do it again. Come visit and I'll take a road trip with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am soooooo jealous!! I have been the Pacific coast in Santa Barb...it is so beautiful!! I love the pics of everyone, looks like you guys are settling in quite well. Thalia is here with us and just showed her the pics and the sign with her name on it. She got a big grin out of that.

    I have family in Long Beach....sounds like we need to come visit soon!!!!

    We love you all and miss you bunches!!!

    Joy and Dad

    ReplyDelete