Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

We have the smartest kids in the world!

At least I think we do.

The 2nd trimester of school just ended for the girls. I got a text from Austyn's teacher on Monday saying that Austyn was going to be receiving an award at the award ceremony on Tuesday morning. Later in the day I got a call saying that Taylor too would be getting an award.

Dave and I were fortunate enough to both be able to attend the award ceremony Tuesday morning. Only 8 students in Austyn's class were chosen to receive an award (out of 30 kids!) so it was a really proud moment for her and for us parents too.

She received the Academic Achievement Award in math! I was so proud of my girl that I teared up while cheering her on!

Taylor was presented one of three awards in her class for Accelerated Reader. We don't know which place she finished in but she is one of the top 3 readers in her class (also 30 kids)!! She is 2/3 through second grade and is already reading at the fourth grade level! Again, so proud of my girl!

We hadn't been to Yogurtland in a very long time, so we splurged and went there after dinner to reward the girls for their awesome academic performance. They loved the fro yo AND the extra attention they got from us. We are so so proud of our girls!

1 comment:

  1. Yeay girls, way to go, I always knew the were smart, I'm so proud of them both, it is just more proof of how good the two of you are with them. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete